Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Guide to Blogging in the ECCC

As the original ECCC blogger, the Founder of the Blogosphere and all around Cat 3 Badass, I've decided to lend a few helpful hints to our ever growing blogosphere participants as we head into the oncoming road season. So follow the tips below and your blog will be a great success, rivalling that of BSYNC.

Avoid Raw Training Data... No one cares how many watts you put out, or for how long, and how your fancy new SRM power meter is the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you must talk about training make it more personal, do things like: "I broke my record up some hill," or "I beat this dude in town line sprint."  Furthermore, always be sure to include pictures of mud, sweat and tears whilst training in cold conditions. There's nothing better took look at than a big smile beneath a layer of mud. 

Smack Talk... An absolute must. What better way to get ramped up for a weekend than by publicly calling out some jackass a few days before the event.  Especially, if they go to a rival school, sandbag, or have an affinity for hideous jerseys. Be sure to keep it playful though, we wouldn't want to hurt any whiny punk's feelings.

Don't Ruin the Surprise...  I've been severly disappointed about how many teams are revealing their new jersey designs on their blogs. It really takes all the fun out of the opening couple of weekends of the season. I've always thought of the Rutgers TT as the collegiate cycling equivalent to NYC's fashion week. 

Make Stuff Up... Darn Skippy make stuff up, who wants to hear about your english class, when you could discuss about how you were personally invited to the White House by President Obama to discuss the pro's and con's of fully funding an effort to promote women's cycling and by doing so get rid of obesity in our fair country.


Include Amazing Race Recaps... Be sure to mention highlights such as: "I totally threw my empty GU packet into a dumpster during the crit while going 25MPH," or "This one kid would not shut up about his eight our drive through a snowstorm from Maine to get here," or "I thought I was gonna throw up during the entire race, and then I did." I guess if you win or something you might want to mention that too. 

Make Fun of ECCC Director Joe Kopena... Pretty Self Explanatory.


-ECCC Blogmaster In Chief. 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you... You do not know how angry I was when my team mate revieled our jersey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and totally list your USCF category to make sure people respect you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopengarten, I hear you requested your A upgrade. Stepping up to the plate, hmmm? Oh, I foresee much blogging to be had about this in the coming months...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're moderating your comments?! Lame! What are you afraid of?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joe,
    I gotta keep you ragamuffins in line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You better be racing A if I am!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll see.

    By the way.. I'm not a noob, I think I've a few more races than
    you.... about 40 more. Just last year.

    ReplyDelete