Thursday, February 19, 2009

Let me clear up some things

Greetings Blog Readers,

After reading some comments, receiving some e-mails, and generally feeling misunderstood, I've decided that I'm going to have to make it plain and clear what my opinions are on some subjects, so as not too offend you, the people, in the future. So, please read my bullet formatted opinions on various subjects. 

  • MIT - They are good kids, I truly respect their team, school and attitude. But, they try too hard and make me look like a crappy Mechanical Engineer by comparison. Most evident when I worked at iRobot, and the MIT interns got all the fancy assignments, while I was stuck doing nothing but CAD work. 
  • Collegiate Cyclocross - We, the ECCC, need to move away from UCI Races. Why? Simply because we'll have more that 1 person in the A field, we'll have greater parity throughout the other categories, and we'll save money. 
  • My status as a Cat 3 Badass -  Obviously if you take this as arrogance you've read it wrong. I say things like because I think it has a nice ring to it and I don't take my Cat 3 status too seriously. You might have noticed that I often sign off e-mails, and blog posts by giving myself ridiculous titles for the same reason. 
  • The State of Connecticut -  I just plain don't like it. It's just in the way, blocking the path to New York City from Boston. Maybe the Yale Race will change my opinion. 
  • Women's Cycling - We need more women in the sport, for two reasons: 1) It's sad that the male/female ratio in cycling is lower than that at RPI. 2) Would greatly increase my dating pool, (cycling events are where I spend most of my weekends).
  • Republicans - You all suck. Tax cuts DON'T WORK!
  • Democrats - Get off your high horse, Obama was a good choice, but you still bicker between each other over everything.
  • Malls - There's something really weird about consumerism and the masses that makes people become sheep and I get scared by that. 
  • Power Stats - I remain steadfast here. I ABSOLUTELY ABHORE people posting their power stats. Stats mean nothing, results mean everyting. 
Hope you enjoyed. Stay tuned to the blog for more rants. 

-ECCC Blogmaster Emeritus

3 comments:

  1. Dude, don't complain. The male to female ratio is even worse at Stevens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem, S-Hop *isn't* complaining as he does not attend RPI, as then bullet #1 regarding MIT would be untrue.
    TPJ

    ReplyDelete