Monday, August 31, 2009

PhotoBlog Ride in Maine

Just went on vacation up to the North Woods in Maine, had a great time and brought the new bike. It is so incredibly beautiful and serene up there. I often wonder why I don't just live out of a wooden shack.

Below are some photos and a map of the ride.


I started by heading to Stevens Road and got off of Harfords Point.

Then I took Harfords Point Road to get to route 6&15


After I left Harfords point I got on routes 6 & 15 heading north.



Here's a view off Mt. Kineo off in the distance as I went north on Route 6 &15



Here's the view as I crossed the Kennebec River at it's headwaters from Moosehead Lake.


Eventually I got to Rockwood and here's the Right turn to get down to the village.


Upon arriving in Rockwood I took a few moments to eat a sandwich and take in the View. Here's my new bike along the shores of Moosehead Lake.


Here's a great shot of Mt. Kineo from Rockwood.


Another Shot of Kineo.


From Rockwood I headed west down the Moose River.


There's only one Town between Rockwood and Canada, all that Jackman has is a General Store.


Heading down a hill near Brassau Lake.


At some point near Jackman I turned around and went back to camp. Here's a view of Big Squaw on my way home.


1 comment:

  1. Like it dude. Moosehead Lake is great, there's no one up there, perfect.

    ReplyDelete