Monday, November 23, 2009

Dear UVM Cycling,

Over the weekend it seems as though I've caused a stir with you guys over this photo. But before you send out a squadron to:

"smite him into the earth with the power and force of a jackhammer."

Just let me say this, "Friends stab you in the front" ~Oscar Wilde.

So here, hope this mends some fences:

"UVM Sucks" Sign meets its end from SHopengarten on Vimeo.







I love you guys, UVM cycling best embodies the spirit of collegiate, and you all are probably the biggest reason I've stayed involved in collegiate cycling post-graduation.

Final Note: Not that anybody seems to care, but I was actually cheering on The Jamey Driscoll as loud as I could.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know. As an impartial observer, I have to say that you're probably still fair game... Burning the evidence does not exculpate heresy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope nobody took your poster too seriously. Would be a shame of good humor and good fun! I suppose I might have seemed a bit serious and over the top with the picture I redid (spent about 2 hours on it) and sent to our listserv. Water under the bridge. Nice quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve- If you had any street smarts, or just smarts period, or a brain... you would have known that gasoline is necessary in burning anything. You have no dramatic effect.. waste of a video.

    ReplyDelete