Sunday, December 20, 2009

5 Reasons Life is Awesome Right Now

Oh, so much has happened recently, and it's collectively been great. So, I guess I'll just dive straight into the list, (in no particular order).

1) The Ice Weasels Cometh! As mentioned previously, it was the best race ever. I haven't had that much fun at an event in a while. I was even complimented on the interwebs on my incredible commentating skills on the PA: "Steve H. who turns out has some real announcing experience from the collegiate racing scene. The kids got potential." So, all I have to say is I'm coming for your jobs Richard Fries and Dave Towle!!! I also found a photo of me at the Weasels:

(I've got mad skills, photo: lodri)

2) 23rd Birthday was on Dec. 14! Yeah, I'm older, it's pretty sweet. Had a bunch of people given me calls, e-mails, facebook posts, etc... so thanks all. Got some good presents and a great dinner with the family.

3) Going to Israel next year! That's right, I'm heading off to the mother land for 5 months from March until August of 2010 to live in Tel Aviv. While there I'll be in an internship and while there I'm definitely going to crush some souls in the mountain bike race scene, maybe on the road too if I can figure out how to get 2 bikes and gear over there.

4) I moved to Colorado! After 3 days or so of driving (photos) I made it to my winter residence in Longmont, CO. I'm renting a room from ECCC alum, and Pro MTB'er/Crosser Kat Statman and his Fiancée Shannon until my aforementioned trip to Israel. The weather's great, the skiing is going to be good, and I'll have plenty of time to ride bikes too. I spent my second day in town on a short MTB ride with Kate, which involved the following:


5)Ski Season! Oh, it's December, the temps are dropping, the snows are falling and I got a sweet birthday present: Season Pass to Arapaho Basin, Breckenridge and Keystone. Can't wait to hit the slopes.

In summation, life is good. I may need to get a job soon, but I can manage for a bit.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment