Monday, December 28, 2009

A Year in Review-2009

Yeah, that's right, as you can tell from the title I'm going to do a write up on 2009 and my personal highlights both on and off the bike.

So, where to begin? Oh, I know! Internet accomplishments:

The Internet
I really did a lot this year on the interwebs, quite a bit in fact. Well, I helped a lot with the ECCC, where I was a webmaster, but mostly just updated calendars, results, etc... I also started the ECCC Blogosphere which turned out to be amazing! The blogosphere got a huge response, garnering over 600 hits on mondays following race weekends during the ECCC road season, that's nearly 2/3 of the conference. As a result of this effort I was also a featured speaker at the Echelon Collegiate Leadership Conference at Collegiate Road Nats this past spring. Also, (with some help from Sully) did my 2nd ECCC Road Survey, which is as usual was ridiculous. I wrapped up the year by launching the New England Cyclocross Blogosphere, which also got a good response and I eventually caved in and got my self a twitter.

Academia
This year I also had a major lifetime accomplishment by graduating "on time" from Union College with a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Which, needless to say is a fantastic feeling and I was then unfortunately in the position of graduating into the worst job market in twenty years, but I ended up having two jobs for about 5 months. Oh and I also finalized my senior project of designing a full suspension linkage system for a mountain bike, I didn't get to build it, but it was a fun academic task.

Bike Racing
Well, as they say on Marketplace, "lets do the numbers:"
  • I raced for 4 different teams (Union College, North Atlantic Velo, Green Line Velo and Wheelworks)
  • I had 30 mass starts on the road, between training races, collegiate races and USCF events.
  • I had 25 starts in cyclocross
  • I raced in 12 different states (CO, CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT)
  • I had TWO top tens (both in Cyclocross)
Other highlights on the bike:
Photos of the Year


(NAV taking Charge at the Saratoga Crit)

(Pinning it during the Yale Crit)
(Supa-Fast at the Cycle Smart International)

Moving On...
I guess the last part of the year has been great too, as previously mentioned, life is pretty awesome. I currently live in Colorado, I'm heading to Israel next year for 5 months and I'll be back stateside in August, when I actually have to start my life, but who knows.

Lastly, I just want to thank all my friends, at school, at work, in racing, from home for making this such a great year and hopefully I'll keep it up in 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment