Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Preparing to fail, again


I love going into a race when I know I'm going to have my soul crushed. For some reason I get really excited. I like challenging myself against a higher caliber field, just to see where I'm at, and to remind myself that I am in fact, fairly bad at bike racing.

Thus, I'm super excited to go to Coonamessett Farm Eco-Cross tomorrow because there are 2 master's national champions pre-registered for my race. Also, I'll finally get to race Jonny Bold, who, if you recall, I had a minor disagreement with a few months back. So, yeah, that will be fun.

Lastly, I think it is pretty awesome that there have been two mid-week races this fall in New England.

1 comment:

  1. if you can hang on for awhile, the bold/hines train can teach you a thing or two about "bike handling".

    i have been able to hang (desperately) for a lap or two; those guys sure do know how to race.

    ReplyDelete