Sunday, March 20, 2011

The dream is still alive, but it went all Frankenstein on me!

If you know what I'm talking about, that's great, and if you don't, well, then I suggest you try and read between the lines to figure out what this post is all about.

Anyways, I've been living the dream for a solid 20 months now, and frankly, it's starting to wear me down. The constant flux and uncertainty has lead to a lot of stress and now this week, keeping the dream alive took away bike racing for a while.

It sucks, but hey, it's the dream, and it has ups and downs. I guess for now bike racing is taking the hit. On the bright side, I can now go for 6 hour rides on Tuesdays and not feel guilty; so I got that going for me. I've still got a few irons in the fire and other projects that will hopefully kill the dream in a more permanent way. But for now, the dream has gone from being kind of awesome to more of a monster and summer hasn't even hit yet.



1 comment:

  1. I'm going to assume that by "the dream," you mean "being unemployed," and are now griping about the fact that you now have a job what will require you to, GASP, work!

    How close am I?

    ReplyDelete