Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Social Media in the year 2011

So, yesterday my old team sent an e-mail out announcing that they had successfully entered the year 2008 by creating a facebook page, but they are still falling behind without a facebook group, twitter account.

Anyways, last week I also started playing with Foursquare on my phone which allows me to "check in" to stores, restaurants, arenas etc... and also see where my friends are. That led me to ask the question, is it ok to do the drop in? By which I mean if you see a friend has posted on the twitter, the facebook, foursquare or whatever else is it ok to stop by that venue unannounced? Or is there more to the subject?

Regardless, I find it to be an interesting question that comes up in the digital age.

So, please fill out the poll below to help me understand social media in the year 2011. I'll post the results sometime next week.


Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.



1 comment:

  1. You are asking people if you can creep on them just because they are foolish enough to put too much information out on the internet?

    I know where many of my exes live and work. I know when they are at those locations, more or less. But that does NOT make it OK for me to "drop into" those locations just because I have this info. If I "dropped in," I'd actually be stalking them. Essentially, you are asking people if you can stalk them via Internet.

    Can you please run this sort of thing through your life coach before doing it? Wait, that is what this post is accomplishing, right, life coaching?

    ReplyDelete