Tuesday, November 22, 2011

MRC Race Report!

I had big plans for the MRC Cyclocross race, I was going warm up, eat right and actually be ready to race when the time came for some single-speeding.

Tragically, Greg roped me into announcing all the events with him, which meant standing around, talking on the microphone drinking coffee and eating donuts all morning until 10 minutes before my race.

I got this!

After changing and riding the course I knew I might have a chance for a respectable result. But then I learned there was a first lap prize. Which meant, I was going to go all out for the first lap, because I'm really good at that.

After the LeMans start....


I got on my bike and rode it pretty darn fast. And I was leading the bike race with Cort, which was great, I took a better line and got around him before the finish to win $50! Then I sat up for a second, and he was ready to keep going, whereas I didn't feel so great.

Photo: Abel

I keep pushing for half a lap and then... it was time for some coffee and donuts next to the side of the course. I got passed by a lot of people. Finished my coffee and donuts and then got back on my bike to rally and move my way back through the field to finish 17th.

Was blowing up after the first lap worth it?



Yeah.


1 comment:

  1. I guess this pic did not make the cut:

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150356660930138&set=a.10150356653835138.367653.563840137&type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete